Tuesday, September 25, 2007

"What is this Feeling?"


Have any of you seen WICKED? It's my all time favorite musical these days! I've listened to the soundtrack countless times -- in my car. I'm certain that I've entertained hundreds of drivers in Flower Mound as I sing along to the soundtrack. You know, in my head, I'm totally playing both parts!

Our Women's Bible Study at IBC focused on ENVY this week, To drive home the concept that envy taken into overdrive really leads to loathing the person you are jealous of, they asked my dear friend Jennifer and I to sing one of the songs from WICKED, "What is this feeling?" It was my breakout role! The dream of a lifetime! To sing a Kristin Chenoweth song! Seriously, I was super excited for it! ;-)

As you can tell, we tried to dress like polar opposites -- and people had to draw their own conclusions from our somewhat modified song, but the idea was that she was all brains, I was all....blonde.

We did 2 performances (bible study meets 2x -- there's a Monday night group and a Tuesday morning group), had a wonderful time, and learned a whole lot about envy.

Proverbs 14:30 "A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones."

No comments: