Thursday, September 6, 2007

SECOND Day of School!



I can't believe I'm a blogger -- Maybe I haven't earned that title yet. Let's call me a blogger in training. I never thought this day would come. But I'm hoping this redeems my lack of mailing pictures, phone calling, scrapbooking...see a trend? I'm horrible at documenting my family's life! So something's gotta change! We'll see if this method of journaling our lives is a fad.....or fabulous!

SO, It's BACK to SCHOOL time!

We can't believe that both of the boys are now in school... It just doesn't seem possible! Tyler was so excited for the start of Kindergarten -- he could barely sleep at night the week before his first day. Evidently Andrew & I were anxious too because we forgot to take pictures of their First day at school. So it has now become our tradition to take photos on the 2nd day! (I think we've actually had to do that for the past 2 years now!)

We all (yes ALL -- me, Andrew & the boys) rode our bikes to the school on the first day. You wouldn't believe how many parents walk their kids in for the first day of school! You would swear there was a parade about to come down the street with the flock of people. I think Texas should just declare the 1st day of school as a state holiday! ;-)

Tyler has the same Kindergarten teacher that Charlie had -- Miss Rampy. Their class is affectionately called "the dog pound". She's wonderful. I'm attempting to be "room mom" this year for Tyler's Kinder class (stress!?). Charlie has an awesome teacher too -- her name is Ms. Lepard (and yes, her room is decoarted like a jungle!) He now has science & social studies as a part of his weekly routine -- and he loves it.

Parents fall into two categories when they put their precious little ones in school -- you are either a "Yahoo" parent (that means you are HAPPY that the kids are finally in school) or a "Boohoo" parent (yup, you guessed it, that means you are SAD). So I was definitely a YAHOO mom and my sweet friend, Stephanie Richardson, was a Boohoo mom. So for the 1st day of school festivities, we treated ourselves to a lovely breakfast together and then went to the local gym for a HUGE treat -- a massage. It passed the time and we balanced each other out very nicely.

I will say, my YAHOO has mellowed over the past week -- the house becomes very quiet when all are away! I still have my p/t job to keep me busy -- but those days when I'm not working are killing me! (althought parts of my house seem much cleaner!) So I'm sure future blogs will follow on how in the world I will keep myself from going crazy!

Love to all -- let's keep our fingers crossed that I can keep this blog up and current!!!

1 comment:

hcreek7 said...

Evidently I am a Yahoo with a little Boohoo! My Boohoo side didn't kick in until the second week--just a little.

Welcome to the world of blogging! Tell Tyler that Marshall says hi!