Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Laura's Shower!

This past Saturday was Laura's baby shower! Her due date is October 31st (same as Andrew's birthday!)!! She and Brian don't know whether it's a girl or boy but I'm betting it's a boy!
Now, y'all know what happened the last time I tried to host a baby shower....(I broke my wrist and ruptured a tendon -- that led to surgery, yada yada!) and so my fabulous friends, Cara & Kristi, took charge and created a fabulous event at Kristi's house! Kristi -- you are incredibly gifted at making others feel incredibly loved! Cara, your amazing craft-sakes (they are unique keep sakes -- blessing tins or blessing books, she does picture frames that are out of this world!) are a reflection of your beautiful, creative heart! We had fun!
Memories of my first pregnancy overwhelmed me. That indescribable feeling of life moving from deep within....the nervousness of not knowing how you are going to care for this new life....the immense gratitude of all your friends bearing gifts for a child not yet born.....
I think someone needs to write a book for all first time moms titled, "Don't worry, I didn't know what to do either". And it should have all the things in it that you have to learn by trial and error. And would someone officially put a commercial or something out there that would educate us all on the miracle anti gas drops, Mylecon?!?! Good grief! I had a screaming child every night for two weeks until my true girlfriend, Angie, told my about Mylecon. As soon as one drop touched the very lips of Charlie -- he would stop crying and fall peacefully to sleep!
Of course, Mylecon isn't the "cure all" for all things baby. But it's a useful tool to have in your toolbox! But the best tool of all is your girlfriends -- all of them! Moms, sisters, friends with kids, friends without kids.....anyone who can listen and go through LIFE with you!
And I had a fabulous time with some of my favorite girlfriends! Laura, you are going to be one fabulous mom!

No comments: