Tuesday, September 25, 2007

My Reality

"What?!"

Questions and statements I hear on a daily basis nowadays:

"What on earth is that THING on your arm"
"Is that attached to you?"
"How long do you have to be in that thing?"
"What does that thing do?"
"What happened?!"

"Uh, your arm don't look like it's doing so good!"
"Does it hurt?!"
"Bless your heart!" (That can be Texan for "You are so stupid" sometimes, so you gotta take tone cues from how it's delivered...)
OK!!!!!! This is my brace. I hate it -- loathe it -- want to strangle the person who first thought of it. (If only I could wrap my thumb around his neck!!!) It could serve as a good coat rack....but sadly, it's my new torture chamber.
I have freedom from it in the shower...and when I do Physical Therapy (PT) on my wrist.
It is a pulley system. My thumb (that was operated on) pulls down on the string and then the tension gently lifts my thumb back to neutral. Or at least that is the theory. I keep having this nightmare of a thought that so much time is going to go by before I actually get to test whether the surgery fixed the issue or not, and that it won't work normally and then what?!
But I'm working on the trusting thing....
Seriously is this not the most obnoxious thing ever?!

No comments: