Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Charlie's Birthday Pictures - Finally!

Yes, I know that I'm over a month late in posting pictures from Charlie's birthday party. I know that I haven't been on this blog in weeks. I know that you all have been waiting patiently for updates. And yes, I'm sorry for the delay!

It probably all ties into my innate dislike for organizing photographs. I only have one family album, ya know -- I think that someone pushed the whole scrapbooking a little too hard on me and I've been scared for life. (ha!)

So for Charlie's birthday, we headed out to Medieval Times and took 2 of his most favorite friends, Matt and Will. The boys were terribly excited. We decorated the mini-van in graffiti on the windows and had light up "royalty" rings, glow in the dark necklaces and even had crowns for all of the boys to wear.

Note to all of you parents: This was a very wise move -- because once they "trap" you in the lobby of Medieval Times, they try to sell all of the "glow wear" at a pretty nice profit! So we were very thankful that a trip to the party supply store kept the boys very happy.

The dinner was served without utensils -- the boys loved it. The tournament was really pretty good and the actors used real swords that even set off some sparks when the metal clashed together. The best part was that our boys could be as loud as they wanted and blended right into the atmosphere. (Although I think Andrew and I both needed some Extra Strength Tylenol when it was all said and done).

It's hard to believe that Charlie is 8 years old. I have no idea how that happened. Seems like yesterday when the nurses laid him on my chest for the first time. He is growing into quite a remarkable young man. He is definitely not shy! He loves to make people laugh and has such a tender heart. I'm so thankful for my guy, Charlie!

No comments: